About the course
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer Training Course
This three-day accredited, practitioner-led course equips you with the skills to lead an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS implementation project. By attending and passing the course exam, you will achieve the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification. PCI SSC has indicated that it accepts GASQ certifications in relation to the IBITGQ courses as meeting the requirements of an individual applying to become a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
"Andrew and James were exceptionally engaging and thoroughly knowledgeable. Course interaction was beneficial and useful. Job well done” - Paul, Privacy Law and Compliance
Worldwide locations | Europe - USA - See training venue details.
Other ways to learn | Live online - Distance learning - In-house
Pay by purchase order | Buy now, pay later! Enjoy the benefits of paying by purchase order with an IT Governance corporate account.
The Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer training course outline
This fully accredited, practitioner-led course equips you to lead an ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS implementation project. This course will teach you the nine key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS. It covers the best practices of information security management to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
Win new business by securing your organisation’s information assets and reducing data security risks with real-world expertise and practical insights.
At the end of the course you sit the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer exam. You can demonstrate your professional and practical knowledge and expertise by registering your qualification on the GASQ successful candidate register.
This course is accredited by The Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B1, B2, G1, H1 and H2.
“The course was one of a kind and no book can replace the instructor’s experience, teaching and insight. He’s a true expert on the subject and transformed my understanding of ISO 27001 into a comprehensible, useful and applicable tool and framework. I was afraid it would be a boring course, but not one dull moment with Alan. Time flew and I had many AHA moments.”
- Andre De Coninck, Van Doorne N.V
What does the Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer training course cover?
The course will cover:
- Why information security management (ISM) is important to an organisation.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- The terms and definitions used in the Standard, including risk and options for risk assessments.
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to determine the scope of your ISMS.
- How to secure senior management commitment by building a compelling business case.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- How to review and map your existing controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of the Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management.
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool.
- How to develop a management framework, write policies and produce other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff, an effective communication strategy and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit and ensure you that you pass first time.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
- Project mandate
- Project initiation
- Setting up the project
- ISMS initiation
- Documented information
- Management framework
- Baseline security criteria
- Risk management
- Annex A controls
- Measure, monitor, review and improve
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer exam; and A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
The exam is an online exam. You will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Your complete training programme
This course is part of our training programme. You can download your training pathway below to find your next recommended courses.
Combination course option
Save 15% when you book one of the following combination courses:
The Certified ISO 27001 Foundation and Lead Implementer Combination Training Course. Achieve both the ISO 17024-certificated ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) and Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualifications in just 4 days.
The Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer and Lead Auditor Combination Training Course. Achieve both the ISO 27001 Certified Lead Implementer (CIS LI) and Lead Auditor (CIS LA) qualifications in just 8 days.
The Certified ISO 27001 Lead Implementer and ISO 27005 Risk Management Combination Training Course. Achieve both the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) and ISO 27005 ISMS Risk Management (CIS RM) qualifications awarded by IBITGQ in just 6 days.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:30 am–5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Day 3: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Birmingham, Edinburgh, London and Manchester.
This course is equivalent to 21 CPD/CPE points.
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Implementer training course exam
Attendees take the ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI), ISO 17024-certificated, exam set by IBITGQ at the end of the course. This is a 90-minute multiple-choice online exam, consisting of 40 questions. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65% to pass. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
What qualifications will I receive?
ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI).
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no formal entry requirements for this course. We will, however, assume that delegates have a basic knowledge of ISO 27001 gained either through reading the ISO 27001:2013 standard or by attending the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation training course.
Is there any recommended reading?
We strongly recommend you purchase and read the standard prior to attending the course:
ISO IEC 27001 2013 and ISO IEC 27002 2013
We also recommend that you purchase and read the following textbooks:
ISO 27001/ISO27002 – A Pocket Guide
An Introduction to Information Security and ISO27001:2013 – A Pocket Guide
Do I need to bring proof of identity?
Delegates must bring a form of photographic ID with them as the invigilator my request to check it prior to the exam.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|11 Dec 2019||London|
|08 Jan 2020||London|
|12 Feb 2020||London|
|04 Mar 2020||London|
|22 Apr 2020||London|
|13 May 2020||London|
|17 Jun 2020||London|