About the course
The most comprehensive ISO 27001 Lead Implementer classroom course available in the UK today.
Developed by global ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, and drawing on their industry-leading implementation guide IT Governance – An International Guide to Data Security and IS027001/ISO27002, this three-day course covers all nine of the key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS.
This fully accredited, practitioner-led course equips you with the skills to lead an ISO 27001-compliant information security management system (ISMS) implementation project. Learn from the developers of the original ISO27001 Lead Implementer course and get to grips with the nine steps to implementing an ISMS.
Using a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, an experienced ISO 27001 trainer and consultant will:
- Take you through the nine steps to ISO 27001 success.
- Help you to develop the skills required to achieve ISO 27001 compliance for your organisation.
- Help you maximise project value and avoid common pitfalls.
The ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer course supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited ISO27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification by IBITGQ.
It is also accredited by the Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP) and satisfies the IISP Skills Framework requirements at Level 1: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7, B1, B2, G1, H1, and H2.
The benefits of the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer course
- Designed by experts
- Designed by the team that led the world’s first successful ISO 27001 implementation project
- Delivered by professionals
- Real-world practitioners show you how to tackle an ISMS project from start to finish.
- Nine steps to success
- Learn about the nine steps to ISO 27001 success.
- Hands-on study
- Participate in group discussions, practical exercises and case studies throughout the course.
- Fast-track to certification
- Achieve a globally recognised ISO 27001 qualification certificated to ISO 17024 in just three days.
- 100% occupancy
- Our lead implementer course is always fully booked.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a lead implementer or as part of an implementation team.
IT/ Information Security Consultant
IT/ Information Security Manager
IT/ Information Security Officer
IT/ Information Security Project Manager
Cyber security consultant
Head of IT
CISO (Chief Information Security Officer)
Information security analyst
MoD ELCAS Funding
This course is eligible for funding under the MoD ELCAS scheme and is suitable for serving members of the MoD or service leavers who wish to develop a career in information security management.
What does the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer course cover?
- Why information security management (ISM) is important to an organisation.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- The terms and definitions used in the Standard, including risk and options for risk assessments.
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to determine the scope of your ISMS.
- How to secure senior management commitment by building a compelling business case.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- How to review and map your existing controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of the Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management.
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool.
- How to develop a management framework, write policies and produce other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff, an effective communication strategy and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit and ensure you that you pass first time.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
- Project mandate
- Project initiation
- ISMS initiation
- Management framework
- Baseline security criteria
- Risk management
- Annex A controls
- Measure, monitor, review and improve
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
The exam is an online exam. You will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:30 am–5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Day 3: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
This course is equivalent to 21 CPD/CPE points.
The CIS LI qualification is acknowledged by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) as an approved qualification that meets the requirements of an individual applying to become a Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Qualified Security Assessor (QSA).
How much does the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer course cost?
The course cost £1,795 ex VAT.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|12 Dec 2018||London||Book now|
|16 Jan 2019||London||Book now|
|23 Jan 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|30 Jan 2019||London||Book now|
|06 Feb 2019||London||Book now|
|13 Feb 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|27 Feb 2019||London||Book now|
|06 Mar 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|13 Mar 2019||London||Book now|
|20 Mar 2019||London||Book now|
|10 Apr 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|10 Apr 2019||London||Book now|
|24 Apr 2019||London||Book now|
|08 May 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|22 May 2019||London||Book now|
|29 May 2019||London||Book now|
|12 Jun 2019||London||Book now|
|19 Jun 2019||London||Book now|
|26 Jun 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|10 Jul 2019||London||Book now|
|17 Jul 2019||London||Book now|
|24 Jul 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|21 Aug 2019||London||Book now|
|25 Sep 2019||London||Book now|
|23 Oct 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|30 Oct 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|06 Nov 2019||Manchester||Book now|