About the course
Take the first steps towards building a career in ISO 27001 with this introductory course on the key elements required to achieve compliance with the Standard. Learn from the experts about ISO 27001 best practice and find out how to achieve compliance with the Standard. This course is led by practitioners offering real-world expertise and insights.
The ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation course outline
Learn about ISO 27001 best practice and find out how to achieve compliance with the Standard at your own pace. Our popular one-day ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation classroom course, provides a complete introduction to the key elements required to achieve compliance with the Standard.
The benefits of the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation course
Designed by experts
- Designed by the team that led the world’s first successful ISO 27001 implementation project.
Delivered by professionals
- An experienced ISO 27001 practitioner and consultant will teach you how to achieve compliance with the Standard.
- Participate in group discussions, practical exercises and case studies throughout the course.
A complete introduction to ISO 27001
- Get an insight into the components of ISO 27001 in just one day.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone interested in or about to undertake an ISO 27001 project or who wishes to build a career in information security management.
IT/ Information Security Analyst
IT/ Information Security Manager
IT/ Information Security Consultant
IT/ Information Security Project Manager
Head of IT
Operations/ Quality manager
MoD ELCAS Funding
This course is eligible for funding under the MoD ELCAS scheme and is suitable for serving members of the MoD or service leavers who wish to develop a career in information security management.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
IT Governance is internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001. Our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 7,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
What does the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation course cover?
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation.
- The benefits of ISMS certification.
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application.
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning.
- The core elements of an ISMS.
- The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment.
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls.
- Drivers for ISO27001.
- Standards: what they are and why they are important.
- Documentation and Management Systems.
- Management Commitment.
- Overview of ISO27001.
- Implementing ISO27001: Scoping, Planning, Communication.
- Risk Assessment and Security Controls.
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
- The exam is an online exam. You will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
- Course duration and times
- Day 1: 9.30 am – 5.00 pm
- CPD/CPE points
This course is equivalent to 7 CPD/CPE points.
How much does the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation course cost?
The course costs £550 ex VAT.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|21 May 2019||London||Book now|
|11 Jun 2019||London||Book now|
|25 Jun 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|09 Jul 2019||London||Book now|
|09 Jul 2019||London||Book now|
|23 Jul 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|20 Aug 2019||London||Book now|
|24 Sep 2019||London||Book now|
|15 Oct 2019||London||Book now|
|22 Oct 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|29 Oct 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|05 Nov 2019||Manchester||Book now|