About the course
Developed by ISO 27001 experts Alan Calder and Steve Watkins, this one-day classroom course explains how to make the most of the ISO 27001 information security management standard and provides a complete introduction to the key elements required to achieve compliance with the Standard.
Take the first steps towards building a career in ISO 27001. Learn from the experts about ISO 27001 best practice and find out how to achieve compliance with the Standard. This course is led by practitioners offering real-world expertise and insights.
- Developed by the team that led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project
- Provides a complete introduction to the world of management standards and how ISO 27001 works in one day
- Combines formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies
- Delivered by an experienced ISO 27001 practitioner and consultant
Using a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies, an experienced ISO 27001 trainer and consultant will:
- Identify the risks associated with cyber crime for an individual and an organisation
- Help you understand the benefits of ISO 27001 best practice and certification
- Explain the elements of implementation including risk assessment and Annex A controls
This course also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited, ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) qualification by IBITGQ.
What will you learn in this course?
· An overview of available standards and management system documentation.
· The benefits of information security management system (ISMS) certification.
· An overview of ISO 27001 and its application.
· Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning.
· The core elements of the ISMS.
· The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment.
· An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls.
Download product summary
The course includes:
- Professional training venue with lunch and refreshments
- Comprehensive documentation (digital copy provided as PDF file)
- ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination
- Certificate of attendance
ISO27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination
- Where exams are taken online (either remotely or by computer in the classroom), provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within 10 working days from the date of the exam.
- Where exams are done in paper form, we aim to make confirmed exam results available within 10 working days from the date of the exam.
- For both online and paper exams, certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within 10 working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone interested in or about to undertake an ISO 27001 project or who wishes to build a career in information security management. This course is eligible for funding under the MOD ELCAS scheme and is suitable for serving members of the MOD or service leavers who wish to develop a career in information security management.
No prior knowledge or qualifications are required and the course content is suitable for non-technical and technical staff.