About the course
This 90-minute course provides the starting point for any data protection training and is perfect for you if you handle personal data within an organisation; whether it’s a business, charity or public sector function.
The course provides an introduction and some background to the new Data Protection Act and the GDPR which will be incorporated within this Act.
It talks about why the new legislation is being introduced; the similarities and differences between the old regime and the new one; and the enhanced rights we all have in relation to the processing of our personal data.This course contains the following 3 modules:
- Introduction and Background
- Definitions and Principles
- Individual Rights
This data protection training course is intended for all staff in any organisation which handles (or processes) personal data in an operational capacity.
Certainly anyone previously concerned with customer personal data under the DPA can benefit from this course; but the increased importance of personal data under the new GDPR legislation will mean that this course is even more widely applicable.
It’s an excellent grounding in how the GDPR affects day-to-day users of personal data in any company, government or charity context; and it’s one of four GDPR training options which we have tailored for personal data-handling organisations in any situation.
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Why the new data protection law is being introduced
- The key differences between the current data protection regime and the new one
- The primary aims of the new data protection legislation
- Who the legislation applies to
- What rights people have over the processing of their data
- The grounds for the exercising of these rights
- What information needs to be provided to a data subject
- How to respond to subject access requests and other requests from individuals