About the course
This one day ISO/IEC 27001 introductory course will introduce delegates to the requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001, providing delegates with an introduction to the issues an information security management system.
N.B. There is no change to the content of the ISO27001 standard despite a new 2017 version being published recently. It is basically just a change to incorporate renumbering of BS ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to include the EN status as BS EN ISO/IEC 27001:2017. This means the standard has now been ratified by at least one of the European Standardisation Organisations.
There are no pre-requisites. However, we recommend that all delegates familiarise themselves with BS ISO_IEC 27001_2017, and BS ISO_IEC 27002_2017.
Security and IT professionals, those responsible for risk and audit or project managers responsible for ISO27001 compliance programmes.
Delegates will learn how to
· Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001:2017
· Principles of information assets
· Introduction to an ISMS
· Understanding Risk assessment and management
· Overview of a Statement of Applicability
· Why do you need certification to ISO 27001?
· The relationship between ISO27001, and ISO27002
· Introduce Information Security Management System
· Over view of the stages of the ISMS
· Defining an Information Security Policy
· Defining the scope of the ISMS
· What are information assets, and identifying them?
· Conducting risk assessments
· Risk measurement
This course is authored by QA
Classroom / Attend from Anywhere
Receive classroom training at one of our nationwide training centres, or attend remotely via web access from anywhere.