About the course
Hudson have partnered with Mile2 as an Authorized Training Center to offer the Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) course. Mile2 designs, develops, and delivers Information Security training and Information Assurance services that meet military, government, private sector and institutional specifications. In doing so, Mile2 has become the de facto standard for a number organizations and militaries worldwide.
Key facts about Mile2
- Mile2 has a strong military connection. Their Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE) certification played a pivotal role in assisting the United States Air Force (USAF) improve their security protocols. This course was originally designed for the USAF.
- Mile2’s certification courses are accredited by the National Security Agency (NSA) and Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS). They are also on the FBI’s Preferred Tier 1-3 certification training list for prospective FBI agents specialising in cyber crime.
- CompTIA recognises and acknowledges Mile2 courses as Expert Level, e.g. Mile2 CPTE.
- Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine, which is published several times a year.
- All Mile2 courses count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs) toward (ISC)2, ISACA, and SANS ongoing certification requirements.
Mile2 IT Security certifications are accredited by the NSA and preferred by the FBI
Mile2 certifications are unique in their approach of combining theory with practical experience. Mile2 courses are always up-to-date with the latest developments in tools, best practices and threat scenarios. The balance provided by Mile2 courses equips the attendees with the knowledge, skills and practice needed to immediately provide benefit to their organization or clients and be confident in using their enhanced skills.
Watch this video to learn more about Mile2
About this course
The vendor neutral Certified Penetration Testing Engineer certification course is built firmly upon proven, hands-on, Penetration Testing methodologies utilized by our international group of Penetration Testing consultants.
The CPTE presents information based on the 5 Key Elements of Pen Testing; Information Gathering, Scanning, Enumeration, Exploitation and Reporting. The latest vulnerabilities will be discovered using these tried and true techniques.
This course also enhances the business skills needed to identify protection opportunities, justify testing activities and optimize security controls to reduce risk associated to working with the internet. The student will be using the latest tools, such as Saint, Metasploit through Kali Linux and Microsoft PowerShell.
Mile2 goes far beyond simply teaching you to “Hack”. The C)PTE was developed around principles and behaviors used to combatmalicious hackers and focuses on professional penetration testing rather than “ethical hacking”.
Besides utilizing ethical hacking methodologies, the student should be prepared to learn penetration testing methodologies using advanced persistent threat techniques. In this course, you will go through a complete penetration test from A-Z! You’ll learn to
create your own assessment report and apply your knowledge immediately in the work force.
Upon completion, Certified Penetration Testing Engineer students will be able to establish industry acceptable auditing standards with current best practices and policies. Students will also be prepared to competently take the CPTE exam.
Mile2 have their own IT Security Penetration Testing magazine called PenTest Magazine
Course areas covered
- Module 0: Course Overview
- Module 1: Business & Technical Logistics of Pen Testing
- Module 2: Linux Fundamentals
- Module 3: Information Gathering
- Module 4: Detecting Live Systems
- Module 5: Enumeration
- Module 6: Vulnerability Assessments
- Module 7: Malware Goes Undercover
- Module 8: Windows Hacking
- Module 9: Hacking UNIX/Linux
- Module 10: Advanced Exploitation Techniques
- Module 11: Pen Testing Wireless Networks
- Module 12: Networks, Sniffing and IDS
- Module 13: Injecting the Database
- Module 14: Attacking Web Technologies
- Module 15: Project Documentation
- Module 16: Securing Windows w/ Powershell
- Module 17: Pen Testing with Powershell
Click here to see a detailed breakdown of the course syllabus
Who should take this course?
- Pen Testers
- Ethical Hackers
- Network Auditors
- Cyber Security Professionals
- Vulnerability Assessors
- Cyber Security Managers
- IS Managers
Course Duration and Delivery: 40 hours, online (12 months access)
Watch an unbiased video review of someone that’s taken a Mile2 course
About the exam
The CPTE exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. Further details about the exam are as follows:
- All exams are immediately loaded in your Mile2 user account once you have enrolled
- All Mile2 exams are taken on-line and can be taken anywhere 24/7 providing you have access to an internet connection and PC or laptop
- All exams run for 2 hours and comprise of 100 questions with a passing score of 70%
- There are NO prerequisites toward taking any Mile2 exam
- Once you have passed your exam, you will instantly receive a digital copy of your certification
Mile2 has developed IT Security training specifically for the United States Air Force, the Department of the Army Counter Intelligence, the Canadian Department of National Defence, and Boeing.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
Although there are no prerequisites to take the course or sit the exam, it is recommended prospective learners have 12 months’ experience in networking technologies, basic knowledge of Linux, sound knowledge of TCP/IP, knowledge of Microsoft packages. It would also be of benefit if prospective learners possessed the CompTIA Network+ and Security+ certifications.
What does this course include?
- Video based course material
- 2 week’s live lab access to practice your skills
- Exam prep guide
- Exam simulator to prepare you for the official exam
- Exam voucher to sit the official exam
- 2nd shot exam voucher in case you fail
Features of course
How is this course taught?
This is an online, self-paced course, meaning you do it in your own home, in your own time, at your own pace. Each lesson is pre-recorded allowing you to pause, fast-forward, skip sections, or go back to another lesson if you need to. Aside from the written notes and mock exam, the lessons are multi-media based, which means video and audio are used to teach the lessons. Most courses are also interactive, prompting the learner to participate. This involves answering on-screen questions at the end of each course through the practice exam.
What do I need?
This is an online course with 24/7 access. You can do it from any where in the world, any time of the day providing you have an internet connection and a device such as a laptop, PC, or Mac. No apps are required to access the courses. You simply do it from your browser. For the best user experience, we recommend Google Chrome.