About the course
Hack into the world of cyber security. Fight the criminals of tomorrow!
Our Cyber Security programme activates school and college leavers to thwart cyber crime, decrypt data and untangle malware. Our apprenticeship develops a blend of technical skills across digital security, to build skills and knowledge in critical areas.
This programme is currently available in London and Scotland only.
Find the right level for you.
Our apprenticeships can span from Traineeships all the way up to Degree apprenticeships, allowing you to take your learning as far as you want to go in a variety of industries - from local creative agencies to large multinational corporations.
This is a Higher apprenticeship only
Our Cyber Security apprenticeship begins at a Higher level, this means that in order to begin your cyber career you must first meet our eligibility criteria below.
If you are not yet eligible, don’t worry, you can first complete an Advanced apprenticeship from either one of our Advanced to Higher apprenticeship programmes below, after which you can then progress onto a Higher apprenticeship in Cyber Security.
We teach skills that matter
Our Cyber Security Higher apprenticeship combines high-quality classroom training with qualifications, skills and technical grounding to develop your real world skills in information security.
Our digital brochure will tell you everything you need to know about this programme – from the different modules you will study to details on the end-point assessments.
What qualifications will I get?
- Higher Apprenticeship Cyber Security Technologist Level 4 (equivalent to first year of degree study)
- SQA SCQF 6 Diploma in Information Security (equivalent to working at Advanced Higher/HNC level)
- SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in Information Security (equivalent to second year of degree study)
This is a tough programme and so if you haven’t studied IT before then you may want to consider our apprenticeships first, after which you can progress onto a Higher apprenticeship in Cyber Security.
Are you eligible?
To qualify for this programme you need to have:
- Experience studying or working in IT
- An interest in IT and cyber security
- Live in England? You will need at least two A-level qualifications (C and above) including ICT/Business/Computing, or an Advanced Apprenticeship in a similar subject, or an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- Live in Scotland? You will need 5 Standard Grades (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 Grades – both qualifications must include Maths and English (Grades A to C)
Why study with QA?
We think we are he best in the business. Lots of people agree with us.
when can you start?
As soon as you want. Find out more about the different apprenticeship levels and what an apprenticeship could mean for you.
Still not sure?
Why not have a look at some of our open vacancies for this programme to see if any of them pique your interest.