About the course
Beyond a solid knowledge in using Java components, even for experienced Java programmers it is essential to have a deep knowledge in Web-related vulnerabilities both on server and client side, the different vulnerabilities that are relevant for Web applications written in Java, and the consequences of the various risks.
The course introduces security components of Standard Java Edition, which is preceded with the foundations of cryptography, providing a common baseline for understanding the purpose and the operation of the applicable components. Security issues of Java Enterprise Edition are presented through various exercises explaining both declarative and programmatic security techniques in JEE.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
* Understand basic concepts of security, IT security, cryptography and secure coding
* Learn Web vulnerabilities beyond OWASP Top Ten and know how to avoid them
* Learn client-side vulnerabilities and secure coding practices
* Understand security solutions of JEE and learn Web services security
* Learn to use various security features of the Java development environment
* Get information about some recent vulnerabilities in Java framework
* Learn about typical coding mistakes and how to avoid them
* Get practical knowledge in using security testing tools
* Get sources and further reading on secure coding practices