About the course
The world's first accredited cyber security management course.
Modern organisations face the constant threat of cyber attack. Creating an effective cyber risk strategy to mitigate the risk of cyber crime is the only way to ensure your survival, but cyber security management can be complex and costly. With so many standards, best practices and technical controls to choose from, how do you get started on your plan?
The three-day Managing Cyber Security Risk classroom training course builds on basic foundation-level knowledge of information security management practices to equip practitioners with the expertise to manage cyber security risk and meet compliance objectives in organisations of any size. It also supports professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-accredited Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) qualification by IBITGQ.
Drawing on real-life case studies, an experienced senior information risk consultant will provide you with insights to enable you to create a blueprint for a plan that not only includes the implementation of technical measures (controls) but also takes into account the people, processes, governance, leadership and culture in your organisation.
What will you learn on this course?
- Understanding nature of cyber risk and types of cyber attack.
- Investigate and detect cybercrime
- Implementation of technical measures
- Assess the cyber security posture of your organisation
The benefits of the Managing Cyber Security Risk course
- This course helps you understand the basic foundation-level knowledge of information security management practices.
- Become an expert in managing cyber security risk and meet compliance objectives in organisations.
- The framework can be implement across all organisation of all sizes.
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at IT Security Managers, IT Consultants, IT Auditors, IT Risk managers and anyone interested in the field of cyber security
- Senior directors (CEO, CIO, CSO, CISO) who requires cyber security knowledge
- IT managers responsible for delivering cyber security risk management
- Security Analyst/ Engineer/ Architect
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- Experienced, knowledgeable trainers with in-house experience will be able to answer questions with real life examples.
- Acknowledged leader in ISO 27001, information security, GDPR and business continuity management training.
- Guaranteed to run: we never cancel a course.
What does the Managing Cyber Security Risk course cover?
The course will cover:
- The nature of cyber risk and types of cyber attack.
- The difference between cyber security and cyber resilience.
- Practical lessons with examples of real cyber breaches.
- An understanding of current cyber security standards and best practices:
- PAS 555
- 10 Steps to Cyber Security
- 20 Critical Controls for Cyber Defence
- Cyber Essentials scheme
- ISO 27001 and integrated management systems
- Links to other standards, including ISO 20000
- Other frameworks, such as NIST, COBIT 5, the PCI DSS and RESILIA
- The role and the importance of people, processes and technology.
- Approaches to risk management, cyber incident response and business continuity.
- How ISO 27001 provides a backbone for protecting your organisation.
- Why ISO 22301 is essential to achieving cyber resilience in the event of an attack.