About the course
The EU GDPR Foundation training course outline
More extensive in scope and application than the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the EU GDPR extends the data rights of individuals, and requires organisations to develop clear policies and procedures to protect personal data, and adopt appropriate technical and organisational measures. UK organisations have had to comply with the Regulation since 25 May 2018, or potentially face fines of up to 4% of annual turnover or €20 million – whichever is greater.
The one-day Certified EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (GDPR) Training Course provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR, and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations of any size. The course is a stepping stone to the Certified EU GDPR Practitioner course.
The benefits of the EU GDPR Foundation training course
Delivered by an experienced privacy consultant, this training session is built on the foundations of our extensive practical experience gained advising on compliance with data privacy laws and related information security standards, such as ISO 27001.
The course will give you a clear understanding of the main elements of the GDPR, with the ability to gain a deeper understanding by asking the trainer questions during the training.
The EU GDPR Foundation training pass rate
The average pass rate for this course is 78%.
Who should attend this course?
- Business directors or managers who want to understand how the requirements of the GDPR will affect their organisation.
- Managers involved in or responsible for GDPR compliance, such as:
- Privacy managers;
- Data protection managers;
- Information security managers;
- IT managers;
- Project managers;
- Corporate governance managers;
- Risk and compliance managers;
- General or privacy counsels; and
- Individuals with a basic knowledge of data protection regulation and practices, and looking to develop their career with a professional qualification.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- Experienced, knowledgeable trainers with in-house experience will be able to answer questions with real life examples.
- IT Governance introduced the world’s first certified GDPR Foundation and Practitioner training course and the only one that’s ISO 17024- certificated.
- We are Europe’s premier GDPR training provider.
- We offer more GDPR training dates and locations that anyone else.
- We have trained more than 7,900 professionals on the GDPR.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|25 Feb 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|04 Mar 2019||Bristol||Book now|
|04 Mar 2019||London||Book now|
|11 Mar 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|11 Mar 2019||London||Book now|
|11 Mar 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|11 Mar 2019||Reading||Book now|
|18 Mar 2019||London||Book now|
|18 Mar 2019||London||Book now|
|18 Mar 2019||Southampton||Book now|
|25 Mar 2019||London||Book now|
|01 Apr 2019||London||Book now|
|08 Apr 2019||London||Book now|
|29 Apr 2019||Cambridge||Book now|
|29 Apr 2019||London||Book now|
|13 May 2019||Belfast||Book now|
|13 May 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|13 May 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|13 May 2019||London||Book now|
|20 May 2019||Leeds||Book now|
|20 May 2019||London||Book now|
|20 May 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|20 May 2019||Southampton||Book now|
|03 Jun 2019||Bristol||Book now|
|03 Jun 2019||London||Book now|
|03 Jun 2019||Reading||Book now|
|10 Jun 2019||Newcastle||Book now|
|01 Jul 2019||Cambridge||Book now|
|01 Jul 2019||Southampton||Book now|
|08 Jul 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|15 Jul 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|12 Aug 2019||Edinburgh||Book now|
|19 Aug 2019||Belfast||Book now|
|09 Sep 2019||Birmingham||Book now|
|16 Sep 2019||Bristol||Book now|
|16 Sep 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|16 Sep 2019||Reading||Book now|
|23 Sep 2019||Leeds||Book now|
|23 Sep 2019||Newcastle||Book now|
|07 Oct 2019||Cambridge||Book now|
|07 Oct 2019||Manchester||Book now|
|07 Oct 2019||Southampton||Book now|