(ISC)2 Security Congress 2021: 10 Reasons to Make Plans to Attend
Recent global events prove innovation is essential to build cyber-resilient infrastructures. Astoundingly, the number of organizations compromised by successful cyberattacks rose to 86% last year.* For business and security leaders driving cybersecurity programs, it is imperative to keep up with industry best practices and technologies.
That’s where (ISC)2 Security Congress comes in. The globally renowned three-day conference turns the focus on industry discussion and continuing education for security professionals of all levels. And this autumn, for its 11th annual event, the first-ever hybrid (ISC)2 Security Congress will convene both at the Hyatt Regency Orlando and Virtually. Whether you join in-person in sunny Florida or virtually from the comfort of your home or office, October 18-20, 2021, there’s tremendous value in attending.
“Why do I need to be there?” To break it down for you, Security Congress is cybersecurity’s preeminent event for 10 key reasons.
1. Cybersecurity Education – More than 125 interactive sessions and panel discussions provide security professionals at all stages of their careers with the latest knowledge, tools and expertise to protect their organizations. View the full agenda.
2. CPE Credits – Members have the opportunity to earn up to 40 CPE credits. It’s the biggest CPE credit resource of the year.
3. Targeted, Timely Topics – Sessions focus on the most impactful issues facing cybersecurity professionals today. More than 20 topics include Cloud Security, Zero Trust, Supply Chain Security, Cyber Crime, DevSecOps, ICS/Critical Infrastructure and more.
4. Expert Speakers – A majority of the 130+ featured presenters are credentialed professionals who do the actual work of cybersecurity daily, including researchers, frontline practitioners, CISOs and CIOs.
5. Thought-Provoking Keynotes – This year’s star marquee includes Chris Krebs, Former Director of the Department of Homeland Security’s Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA); Lisa Forte, Red Goat Cyber Security’s Founder, Named ‘Top 100 Women in Tech’; Adam Steltzner, Team Leader & Chief Engineer EDL, NASA Mars Rover Curiosity & Author; and Daymond John**, Founder/CEO of FUBU, Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship, Co-Star of ABC's Shark Tank and CEO of The Shark Group.
6. Pre-Conference Training – You can maximize your learning leading up to Security Congress with a deep dive into (ISC)2Certification CBKs for CAP, CCSP and CISSP, as well as a course on how to become a CISO.
7. Expo Hall – In-person and Virtual 3-D, vendors will showcase their latest products and services for cybersecurity professionals. You’ll have the opportunity to meet with exhibitors face-to-face or online to ask the questions that matter to your organization.
8. Career Center – You’re able to plan your next step with career-focused presentations, career coaching, resume reviews and mentoring sessions.
9. (ISC)2 Global Achievement Awards – Honors recognize individuals whose excellence, leadership and volunteer efforts have significantly advanced the cybersecurity industry and contributed to the vision of inspiring a safe and secure cyber world.
10. Networking and Fun – Attendees, speakers and exhibitors cultivate meaningful connections and engage in comprehensive subject matter discussions at Security Congress. But it’s not all work, no play. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in an escape room and Panopoly, a network assessment and defense competition.
What Attendees Say
Attendees consistently give Security Congress top ratings:
• “Security Congress education builds my awareness of new technologies and the challenges we face as an industry.”
• “It is always a memorable experience. I appreciate that it promotes the discipline and safety of the cyber world.”
• “I enjoy the many breakout sessions and the wide variety of topics. They adapt to the most current issues in cybersecurity and risk.”
• “The speakers are always very knowledgeable, and the sessions are pertinent to today’s changing times.”
• “Last year was my first time at Congress. There was so much amazing, actionable content. I’m looking forward to attending in person this fall.”
Register by August 13 for early bird savings of $200 off each All Access Pass – no limits. Plus, use our exclusive code SC21SATOS for an additional 10% off each registration. Want to save even more? Add on group discounts up to 20% when you register four or more people from your company.
Use these templates to let your organization know why you and your team need to be there.
*Source: 2021 Cyberthreat Defense Report
**Daymond John's keynote session will be presented live in Orlando only. It is not available with the Virtual Only Pass.