- All 147
- Training 128
- CISSP 7
- SSCP 2
- CCSP 1
- Online Security 5
- MSc in Cyber Security 6
- Apprenticeship 23
- Level 3 13
- Cyber Pathways Event 1
- Cyber Pathways 8
- CISA 3
- cyber careers 7
- QA 24
- Cyber Security Expo virtual 2
- Cyber Pathways Virtual 2
- Popular Job Titles 2
- Ethical Hacker (CEH) 3
- Post Graduate 5
- Capslock 2
- Entry level 21
Pre-Requisites for Cyber Security Qualifications
When it comes to cyber security, there are a wide range of courses available to both to entry level students and existing IT professionals alike, covering a number of different specialist areas at different levels of technical expertise.
As each course tends to have different pre requisite qualifications, to make things a little easier we have outlined these in brief below.
CCNA Security (Cisco Certified Network Associate Security) Prerequisites:
- Any valid Cisco CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching, or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
CCNP Security (Cisco Certified Network Professional Security) Prerequisites:
- Valid CCNA Security Certification or any CCIE Certification can act as a prerequisite.
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
- Proof of 2 years of information security experience as validated through the application process unless the candidate attends official training.
- In order to be considered for the EC-Council exam without attending training, candidates must first be approved via the eligibility application process.
- The application can be found here: https://cert.eccouncil.org/Exam-Eligibility-Form.html.
Check (CCSE - Check Point Certified Security Engineering)
- 6 months to 1 year of experience with Check Point products recommended
- Basic knowledge of networking
- Windows Server and/or UNIX skills
- Internet and TCP/IP experience
CISA (Certified Information System Auditor)
- Successful completion of the CISA Examination
- Minimum of 5 years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience
- Adherence to the Code of Professional Ethics
- Adherence to the Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Program
- Compliance with the Information Systems Auditing Standards
CISM (Certified Security Information Manager)
- Successfully Pass the CISM Exam
- Comply with the Code of Professional Ethics
- Submit verified evidence of a minimum of five years of information security work experience, with a minimum of three years of information security management work experience in three or more of the job practice analysis areas
CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional)
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years cumulative paid full-time work experience in two or more of the 8 domains of the (ISC)² CISSP Common Body of Knowledge
These 8 domains are defined and weighted as follows:
1. Security and Risk Management - 16%
2. Asset Security - 10%
3. Security Engineering - 12%
4. Communication and Network Security - 12%
5. Identity and Access Management - 13%
6. Security Assessment and Testing - 11%
7. Security Operations - 16%
8. Software Development Security - 10%
“Candidates may receive a one year experience waiver with a 4-year college degree, or regional equivalent or additional credential from the (ISC)² approved list, thus requiring four years of direct full-time professional security work experience in 2 or more of the 8 domains of the CISSP CBK.”
Associate of (ISC)²
If you do not have the pre requisite experience, an alternative qualification is Associate of (ISC)² which is obtained by successfully passing the CISSP exam. You'll then have 6 years to earn your experience to earn the fully fledged CISSP.
- Pass the CISSP examination with a scaled score of 700 points or greater.
- Complete the Endorsement Process
- No pre-requisite qualifications
- While an entry-level certification, successful candidates should possess at least two years of experience working in the area of network security and should consider first obtaining the Network+ certification.
- 5 Years regular frequent experience
- No pre-requisites
- Whether you are new to cyber security or you are an experienced security professional looking to enhance your skills, they can help you or your organisation find the right training.
- No pre-requisites